A healthy puppy is a happy owner. For your pet to stay in good spirits and body, it is essential to follow the basic protocol of caring for his immunity: vaccination and regular anthelmintic. With the help of our veterinarians, we have prepared detailed instructions to make it easier for you to navigate this topic.
As long as the puppies live in our kennel, they undergo primary vaccination. Your task is to intercept the baton and continue to strengthen the puppy's immunity.
The complete vaccination schedule looks like this:
- Nobivac Puppy vaccination at 4-5 weeks.
- At 8-9 weeks - Nobivac DHPPI and Nobivac Lepto vaccination.
- At 11-12 weeks - Nobivac DHPPI and Nobivac Lepto revaccination. Only then can you walk with a puppy on the street!
- 14-15 weeks - Fixed revaccination of Nobivac DHPPI and Nobivac Lepto according to European veterinary standards. We recommend following this practice, as cases of illness among immunized adult dogs have become more frequent recently.
In the future, it is necessary to revaccinate the dog every year to maintain its immunity.
It is also necessary to make antibody titers a month after rabies vaccination to fly abroad. Antibody titers are done once in a lifetime and look like a separate A4 sheet with your pet's data. If you do not get vaccinated annually, the documents will be invalid.
Do not forget to deworm your dog ten days before vaccination. Vaccination for some time reduces immunity, and the presence of helminths in the body can worsen the dog's health.
Worms can cause several diseases and affect almost all animal organs, so regular cleaning of the puppy is vital.
When and how many times to give a dog anthelmintic?
- Puppies - once every three months;
- Adult dogs aged one year - once every six months.
Please note that choosing the correct dose is more important than selecting the medication! The anthelmintic should not give in approximate proportions. The low amount will not remove parasites, and too much can harm a pet. Always read the instructions carefully before giving the drug to a dog.
It is also important to remember the following points:
- not recommended to give anthelmintic to pregnant dogs;
- you can not give medicine to the weak, sick, dogs or pets after surgery;
- if you have several pets in the house - give anthelmintic in one day;
- It is desirable to change anthelmintics from time to time because each of the drugs has different active substances.
It is the main thing that is important for you to know about the vaccination and deworming of dogs. To perform procedures on time, set regular reminders on your phone. Following doctors' advice, you provide your pet with good health and longevity. Bless you!